Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Adirondack Nightmare in Lake Placid and Saranac Lake!

Last Friday (May 18, 2007) I hit the pavement again and sold some books in a few new places in Wilmington, including Fran Betters' Adirondack Sport Shop. What a great new store they have! Fran was sitting there, tying fly ties, of course. (Or is it just fly tying? Tying flies?) His wife, Jan, was there and their cute dog. I can't remember the dog's name but he sure is a great store-greeter. Fran took 5 copies and we're talking about publishing his new books. I sure hope we can help him out. He's a legend!

Next I went into Lake Placid, what a mess with all their road construction! The whole center is torn up. It doesn't seem to bother the merchants too much. They were as friendly as can be. I met up with Marc Galvin of The Bookstore Plus and he and his wife, Sarah, are going to be bringing our book in through our distributor, Norch Country Books, Inc. Very cool! Nice store, well organized and the staff is helpful.

I decided to skip the rest of Placid, too much construction right now, and headed to Saranac Lake. Oh yeah, I stopped to see my brother-in-law, John, at the Price Chopper in Lake Placid first. Boy was he surprised! So, I signed a book for his daughter, Haley, and headed to Saranac Lake.

Carrie, of Fact & Fiction Bookshop was more than happy to bring in a bunch of books. This has got to be the cutest bookstore I've ever been in. Right on Broadway.

Time to head home, it was getting late and I wanted to eat dinner with my family. Plus, my ankle was acting up and I needed some ice. My ice pack had melted back in Wilmington!

Overall, a good day. Great scenery, wonderful townsfolk. What more could I ask for?

Nothing.

No comments: