Monday, April 30, 2007

Will Rachael Ray Endorse Adirondack Nightmare Book?

Today I'm focusing on book endorsements. I've been fortunate enough to get one from Sid Couchey, Gordie Little and John Mitchell. I've been thinking and emailing and asking and I came up with an idea. Why not ask Rachael Ray?

Rachael Ray was born in Glens Falls and grew up in Lake George. Her first job was at the candy counter at Macy's in NYC. (Hey, I worked there when I was in college!) Anyway, she also worked at Mister Brown's Pub at The Sagamore, a very famous hotel on Lake George. Then, she became a buyer at Cowan & Lobel, a gourmet market in suburban Albany. My husband, daughter and I watch her 30 Minute Meals show and love it. My daughter, Amanda, has her book, Cooking Rocks! Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals For Kids, and loves it. Amanda's 10-going-on-11 (as she puts it) and has made meals for us using this book.

I've heard her talk about her working in Upstate NY on her show. She says very clearly that they've helped shape her into the popular TV personality she is today. What an Adirondack success story!

I think the michigan sauce recipe in our book would catch her attention. It's so simple and fast and perfectly delicious. It just might be the type of thing she'd dig. I hope so. I've sent a copy of our book to her office in NYC with a letter and some promotional material. My fingers are crossed.

Ok, now on to try to solicit more endorsements. Have a good one.

No comments: