Thursday, July 12, 2007

Brodarts, Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Midwest Book Review

I received a notice from Brodart which says "Titles With NYP Status To Be Checked" and my book was listed. It clearly states that

*** THIS IS NOT AN ORDER ***.

Thanks, I need that? What the heck is "NYP Status"? Anyway, they are a library fulfillment service so I guess it's good they're checking on things. Does this mean libraries are trying to order the book? I don't know but that would be pretty cool.



I also received a letter from my distributor, North Country Books which says that Eric Burger, Barnes and Noble's regional buyer for the northeast, has requested I send him sample copies of my new publications as they become available. Okey dokey, but what the heck happened to the two copies I already sent in to Barnes and Noble? So I sent my newest buddy, Eric, two more copies. At least the book now shows as in stock. Where did those other two copies go? Did they just fly away? Hmmm.



Now for the biggest, best news of all! Midwest Book Review has given our book a 5 out of 5 star review! Here it is:

"Written by mother of two Rebecca Leonard and featuring numerous black-and-white computer-generated illustrations by her son Nick Leonard, Adirondack Nightmare: A Spooky Tale in the North Country is a Halloween adventure novel for young people new to chapter books. Enhanced with tasty original Adirondack recipes like "John and Mary's Best Michigan Sauce Recipe Ever" and "Caramel and Chocolate Covered Candied Apple Recipe", Adirondack Nightmare is goosebump-inducing treat from cover to cover. A great holiday mood-setting story for reading aloud chapter by chapter or allowing novice readers to immerse themselves in the spine-chilling joy of words."



Can you believe it? I was so happy I didn't know what to do. They posted it on Amazon, too, which really helps.

Well, time to get ready for our two signings this weekend. We need to prep a lot of books! Take care, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

carmilevy said...

Hi Rebecca. Thanks for popping by my blog. Congratulations on launching your book! I read through your site and your blog, and I could feel myself getting inspired the more I read.

Somewhat coincidentally, I'm very familiar with your neck of the woods. I grew up in Montreal, and my then-girlfriend - now my wife - had a country place in Ellenburg Depot. So Plattsburgh was a regular destination for me and my family.

I look forward to reading more of your work.

Rebecca Leonard said...

Hi Carmi,

Nice to meet you. We have some neighbors from Montreal and couldn't feel luckier to have them in our neck of the woods.

Thanks for the support with my blog and efforts at marketing our book. Had I ever known at the beginning...well, that's another story in itself!

Take care,
Beck